Mom vs. Food: We Interviewed Legendary Eater Molly Schuyler
Updated: 2 days ago
Molly Schuyler is a world-ranked competitive eater, YouTuber, and television personality. She holds many records in the world of food challenges and eating contests, including eating fifty chili dogs in twenty-two minutes.
On July 27th, 2021, Molly uploaded a video to her YouTube channel in which she travels to Virginia to take on Chutzpah's Reuben sandwich challenge. This forty-ounce sandwich challenge also includes hand-cut fries and a time limit of just thirty minutes.
"What's going down, Molly Schuyler fans!?"
Arriving in Virginia, Molly starts the video outside of Chutzpah's, letting her viewers know where she is and what food challenge she is planning on dominating.
About This Challenge:
• Challengers that complete this giant sandwich and fries in thirty minutes or less get the meal for free!
• Winners also get a spot on the coveted wall of fame.
Watch Molly take on the Chutzpah's Reuben sandwich challenge below. It's impressive!
We sat down with Molly, wanting to know more about how she got into competitive eating, her favorite food records, and her interests outside of the world of food challenges.
• Food Challenge News: Where did you grow up? What was your inspiration to participate in competitive eating?
• Molly: I grew up in Montevideo, Minnesota. I had no inspiration to do competitive eating. I just liked to challenge myself in the beginning, and people’s reactions made it worth it.
• Food Challenge News: You upload food challenges and eating stunts to your YouTube channel. What is your favorite challenge or eating stunt that you have uploaded?
• Molly: My favorite videos to upload are the ones that seem impossible, including eating thirty-four Big Macs or the Burritozilla in one minute and twenty-seven seconds. I also like to do collaborations, so I am not alone.
• Food Challenge News: You hold many food eating records, including eating fifty chili dogs in twenty-two minutes. What is your favorite record that you have achieved?
• Molly: My favorite record is probably either the twenty-two and a half pounds of prime rib in one sitting or five-hundred and one chicken wings in thirty minutes.
• Food Challenge News: What are your hobbies/interests outside of competitive eating?
• Molly: I have three cats and lots of kids. I technically work darn near seven days a week. What is a hobby? I do enjoy traveling, though.
• Food Challenge News: What advice would you offer to someone wanting to get into food challenges/competitive eating?
• Molly: Be safe about it. It is not easy and not for everyone. There are safety hazards.
• Food Challenge News: Thank you, Molly, for sitting down with us today and letting us gain some insight into your world of food. Is there anything you would like our readers to know?
• Molly: Subscribe to my YouTube channel! *laughs*
Molly Schuyler is on another level of competitive eating. She is well known for blowing away food records and always doing so with such speed and grace. We cannot wait to see what food record she will break next.
Article by: Thomas Twombly
Photo credit: Molly Schuyler